- Safety Seminars
Baby Safety in Automobiles Facts and Education
A one hour workshop on what you need to know about child car seat safety
DID YOU KNOW..
- Car crashes are the number one cause of death for Canadian children
- All car seats have expiry dates and should not be used after this date
- It is against the law to sell a used car seat
- Transport Canada warns that it is illegal to use a car seat purchased from another country
- It is significantly safer to keep your child rear facing
THIS SEMINAR WILL BENEFIT
- Prenatal Groups
- Health Care Professionals
- Foster Parents
- Child Care Workers
- Anyone transporting babies and children by car
THIS SEMINAR WILL COVER
- Transport Canada Rules and Regulations
- How to ensure the safety of a used car seat
- Choosing the appropriate car seat (Infant vs. Convertible)
- Harnessing your baby correctly
- Adapting your car seat to accommodate a low weight or premie baby
- Installing your car seat in your vehicle
- Adapting your car seat on a stroller
- When to move your baby to the next stage car seat
- Rear facing vs. forward facing
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Marlene Krybus has owned and operated Marlene’s Just Babies for over 37 years. As a retailer of children’s car seats, she is aware of the need for consumer education regarding the safe use and installation of car seats.
Marlene has been a guest lecturer on this topic at numerous prenatal groups. Marlene is certified by St. Johns Ambulance as a car seat technician, and has participated as a volunteer at their car seat clinics. She was surprised to discover that 90% of car seats are incorrectly used and installed. It became apparent to her that there was a lack of information available to new parents on this important subject.
Marlene strongly believes that education on the safe us of car seats is paramount for your child’s safety. This workshop has been specifically designed to educate parents to safe guard their children when travelling by car.
WHEN AND WHERE
Seminars take place one Saturday per month at Marlene's Just Babies at 9:30am and are expected to last one hour. Admission is FREE and all are welcome to attend! To reserve a spot, please email us at: email@example.com